Be Safe Post Responsibly


Good day everyone! How was your Thanksgiving? I hope it was great! My Thanksgiving was great! I ate, my family came by. It was an Awesome time!

Ahh togetherness! As animals we all need to socialize! Social skills are thought at birth. Something simple as a smile says a lot. With social media socializing have become a lot easier. For instance you can talk to somebody on the other side of the world! But what exactly is social media?

According to Wikipedia "Social media is defined as a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content." Some of the most popular social medias are Facebook, Google+, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Because of my business I'm part of almost every soacil media known to man! That's right I'm a social butterfly!

I most confess in the real world I'm not a social butterfly! I'm rather shy and have a close group of friends! Social media allows me to be a different person! Similarly other people use social media to be whoever they want to be. For a example, the geek becomes the football star. Similarly in the movie "Tall Hot Blond."

In the movie "Tall Hot Blond." Two people a man and a women alter their identity. So that they can relive their teen years'. In the end the deadly love triangle causes a young man his life. As you know I want to keep you in the know! I want to provide you with the latest information! So that you and your pocket can remain safe! Below I have included five different ways to stay safe while using social media.
           
           Be Safe Post Responsibly
  1.  Friends Only Sorry- One way to keep safe is by only allowing your friend to view your profile. That way strangers can't poke their head in your business. This way is very effective. As it keeps prying eyes away.
  2. Information on the need to know basis- Meaning becareful about the information that you share. Information like your name, address, and the school that you go to should be private. Don't post a picture that clearly shows where you live. It's easy to be a victim of identity theft. The cyber criminals just got to know certain things about you. Furthermore social media can be stalking friendly! If you put the wrong information up! Be cheap with the information that you share!
  3. Be true to you- Don't ever let anyone make you do something your not comfortable with. Stay true to yourself and your values. Peer pressure is alive and well on the internet. Sometimes making you do something you would otherwise never do. Don't get caught in the trap. Or your regret it later!
  4. Your Online Forever- I remember times when I stayed away form online for a while. I would go on the internet and still see myself even though I've been gone. You can't never really remove any thing online. For example, Amy Winehouse have been dead for 4 years. Yet I still see her online. Her pictures and music lives on! Similarly when you die you still remain online. So make sure everything you publish online is what you want!
  5. Beware of your snoopy boss- So you decided to post pictures of your drunken party from last night on Facebook. Without realizing that your boss is one of your friends. Many people forget that their bosses may have Facebook as well, and could be viewing their profile. Big mistake! "Remember a picture is worth a thousand words." Don't also let it be worth your job! Post responsibly! 
If you want more information on how to use social media safely visit Think You Know. With the new world social media have open. Everyone is taking advantage of the new age technology including criminals! Be safe out there! Talk to you guys later! Bye for now!








     

Comments