Promise Me You'll Live Your Dreams NOW!

Please don't drink and drive and take someone's dreams away.
This blog is dedicated to all who have lost their dreams by a drunk driver.


I remember you as a young girl looking out at the sky.

So blue and filled with promise.

As blue as the eyes staring straight at it.

Skys the limit darling.

Darling did you know how your smile took my breath away.

So innocent so pure.

Your red thin lips revealed your inner soul.

As your lips parted a bright light illuminates

The darkest part of my soul.

Darling you were my light.

I'm your mother and you were my angel.

The minute I gave you life.

I felt truly alive for the first time.

My eyes were open.

I saw me.

Your face resembled mines to the T.

Now as you lay on a cold table.

I don't recognize the face I see infront of me.

Gone is your lovely smile.

Your blond hair all over your bloated face.

Your blue eyes barely visible through your swollen eyes.

Death by a drunk driver is what the paper said.

I nearly died the minute I found out.

How can I live without you darling.

That's all for now Miss.

The doctor softly said.

I softly mumbled thank you,

And was on my way.

That night as I sleep.

I heard a voice softly call out to me.

Mom, Mom, Mom.

I look up and saw you infront of me.

That beautiful smile once again upon your face.

Mom I love you.

I'm okay mom don't worry I have dad to protect me.

Live your dreams Mom!

Write! Write! Write!

Then suddenly she smile and a bright light overwhelm her,

And she was gone.

Applause Applause Applause
Thank you very much I said bashfully.
It was me at a book store. At the signing for one of my many books.
I'm now 52.

My daughter's death thought me a lot about life.
You're never to old to live your dreams!
Life is too short for you to care.

For you see my daughter was only 19 years old when she
lost her life to a drunk driver. She was on her way to an
acting audition. Just like that he took her dreams away.

Live your dreams now!



Tommorow is never promise.

Comments