The Promise Lie



When you touched me I quiver.
I can still taste our last kiss.
It was last November.
The fall of love.
I Knew I have fallen for you.
And you knew it too.
It was all in the eye.
You always said "the eyes never lie."
I promised you I would never lie.
But I did.


I looked you in the eye and said
I didn't lie.
Then you looked me in the my eye and knew
I was lying.


Lying in bed with past memories flashing
Through your eyes.
Which reflected on the wall in front of me.
It was as if you were in front of me.
Touching and kissing me.
Making love to me.


Then suddenly you stop and asked.
Why did you lie to me?
You promised me you would never die.

Then an all too consuming emotion pass through my heart,
As a past memory that I knew too well flashed in front of me.


It was us and you were holding me and crying.
You promised you would never die.
Why did you lie?


Lying in the bed was you, my love.
I was nothing but a reflection from your eyes.
I had die.
So I lie.


Comments

Post a Comment